Monday, January 30, 2012

Sadness Avoiding Tip #127-Two For One Monday

In volume 2 of "How To Avoid Being Sad" I talk about all the new-fangled toys and tools out there.
I am a bigger fan of getting to say 'new-fangled' than I am of some of these gadgets.

Case in point, reading a book without pages.
I know, I know, the KINOOKY thing is FABULOUS. I don't doubt it.

But today's sadness avoiding tips are dedicated to:

#1) Kicking it Old School*
*a phrase just about as much fun to say as new-fangled
Do something that doesn't rely and require that you are plugged in, wired, wi-fi'ed.
Watch a show when it is actually ON t.v.
Send a real letter in the mail.
Stop by someone's desk or room or whatever to ask a question instead of texting it..(or at least call and talk to a voice)

and

#2) Read a bit of a real book. A REAL one. Even if it is just for 10 minutes before you go to sleep. Pull down a book from the shelf, blow the dust off, and crack the cover.

Your NOOKINDLE will be there tomorrow.


3 comments:

  1. I laughed out loud it is so true but the NOOKINDLE phrase is stupendous

    NB

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I didn't have to use my computer to thank you for this SAT...I wish I could thank you in person OR, as they say here in the south, I wish I could hug your neck!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. As someone who's a fan of "real" books, I love this one!

    ReplyDelete