yes, worry.
I know it is a strange, even counterintuitive sadness avoiding tip...
I am sure a "Don't worry be happy" sentiment would seem much more in line...
But the thing is, sometimes life is, well, worrisome, and instead of fighting that worry, let it run through you, try to channel it.
Today, I am channeling my worry for all my friends and family in the midwest, midsouth, south..everywhere there are tornadoes.. into PRAYER AND HOPE AND LOVE.
Will it stop the tornadoes? no.
But can it somehow make me feel even closer to them, appreciate them for how much they enrich my life and hopefully make them feel a tiny bit, like I am there with them? Yes
So today I am worrying, but also praying, loving, and hoping.
I know it is a strange, even counterintuitive sadness avoiding tip...
I am sure a "Don't worry be happy" sentiment would seem much more in line...
But the thing is, sometimes life is, well, worrisome, and instead of fighting that worry, let it run through you, try to channel it.
Today, I am channeling my worry for all my friends and family in the midwest, midsouth, south..everywhere there are tornadoes.. into PRAYER AND HOPE AND LOVE.
Will it stop the tornadoes? no.
But can it somehow make me feel even closer to them, appreciate them for how much they enrich my life and hopefully make them feel a tiny bit, like I am there with them? Yes
So today I am worrying, but also praying, loving, and hoping.
Hope is what we all have.
ReplyDeleteNB