William Shatner rocks!
I heard him interviewed on "Fresh Air" today (a personal favorite)on my long drive back to NYC and realized, I had never realized, just how cool he was.
For sheer fact of ubiquity and perserverance alone, he has to be respected. And next week, as an octogenarian, he is setting out on a 14 state tour of his one man show. (Awesome)
But what I loved most was his humility in sharing his life lessons, when he was 'wrong' (see s.a.t #158) and the fact that, even today, 80+ years into this living thing.. he is still really, really LIVING.
I have to honor Mr. Kirk with an s.a.t.
taken from his interview today, William talked about how the greatest thing he learned, was to
say yes.
I have discussed this in both volumes of "How To Avoid Being Sad" but it bears repeating.
"Taking risks is what defines your life" William said.
"What is that show, you know with those fabulous, daring animals"
"Meerkat Manor"
"Yeah! that's it.. we should all be Meerkats!"
Love his enthusiasm. Love his style of living.
Here's to saying yes, taking risks, meerkats, and William Shatner!
I heard him interviewed on "Fresh Air" today (a personal favorite)on my long drive back to NYC and realized, I had never realized, just how cool he was.
For sheer fact of ubiquity and perserverance alone, he has to be respected. And next week, as an octogenarian, he is setting out on a 14 state tour of his one man show. (Awesome)
But what I loved most was his humility in sharing his life lessons, when he was 'wrong' (see s.a.t #158) and the fact that, even today, 80+ years into this living thing.. he is still really, really LIVING.
I have to honor Mr. Kirk with an s.a.t.
taken from his interview today, William talked about how the greatest thing he learned, was to
say yes.
I have discussed this in both volumes of "How To Avoid Being Sad" but it bears repeating.
"Taking risks is what defines your life" William said.
"What is that show, you know with those fabulous, daring animals"
"Meerkat Manor"
"Yeah! that's it.. we should all be Meerkats!"
Love his enthusiasm. Love his style of living.
Here's to saying yes, taking risks, meerkats, and William Shatner!


No comments:
Post a Comment