Monday, March 26, 2012

Sadness Avoiding Tip #178-Two For One Monday

Whoo-whee..
That is how this day feels. It is super windy in New York City, and on top of it, it feels like just about everyone I love in the world is having a hard time of it today :(

This makes me sad.
I spent a long time today wishing and willing I could fix everything for my dear friends.
I know, rationally I don't have this power, but that doesn't stop me from wanting it!

What I can do is keep posting these tips. Sometimes they are reminders for me. Sometimes (I hope) they are salve for others, and always I want them to impart the love I have in my  heart for all those that read this.

So!
Today's tips:

#1) We've done this before, but let's do it again.
Count 10 blessings that you have RIGHT NOW.
I did it on my walk last hour while I was waiting for the light to turn green.
I started with the blessing that I could go for a walk. Then came the friends, my ability to read, that I had enough money for lunch today... etc

#2) If you are having a hard, seemingly impossibly hard time right now..
please remember "The lowest ebb is the turning of the tide" and "It is always darkest before the dawn"

And repeat this phrase over and over, until it sticks:

"I can't go on... I can't go on.. I CAN go on!"

3 comments:

  1. I can go on! :) SLV

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am one for whom this is salve. Perfect timing, wonderful words.

    ReplyDelete