With strangers. I am a big fan of small conversations. Not the intrusive kind that happens when someone is in the middle of something, say on the treadmill at the gym, but the kind where you issue a pleasantry, and judging by their response, that might or might not be the end of it. If a conversation ensues, I think it is a fabulous way to avoid being sad, experience for a moment the reality of another human being, and even perhaps, learn something.
Last night I did one of my favorite things. I took myself to dinner and sat alone at the bar. two hours later I left with what felt like three new friends. Mia, Mike, and Horacio. And I had a lovely evening.
So that's the tip for the day. Open a small conversation with someone you don't know...because you really never know!
And speaking of things I LOVE, check out the second entry in the "HTABS Tunes For Today"
Every week there will be a new playlist of a handful of songs that are really 'working' for me. I share them with the hopes that you may discover a song you absolutely love, and share the song(s) that are moving you!
Last night I did one of my favorite things. I took myself to dinner and sat alone at the bar. two hours later I left with what felt like three new friends. Mia, Mike, and Horacio. And I had a lovely evening.
So that's the tip for the day. Open a small conversation with someone you don't know...because you really never know!
And speaking of things I LOVE, check out the second entry in the "HTABS Tunes For Today"
Every week there will be a new playlist of a handful of songs that are really 'working' for me. I share them with the hopes that you may discover a song you absolutely love, and share the song(s) that are moving you!
No comments:
Post a Comment