Monday, February 6, 2012

Sadness Avoiding Tip #134- Two For One Monday



As evidenced by my 1 am posting last night (this morning?) it was a late evening! And although the drama of the game (breathtaking) was totally worth it, I woke up this morning exhausted and with chaffed hands from so much dish washing!

Luckily..there is my secret 'stash' of sadness avoiding tips.. about a block away!
After my morning errands, I headed right there. In under ten minutes, I had about five sadness avoiding tips, plenty for a 'two for one Monday'.

#1) When telling a story, be excited about it. Use your hands, act out a scene... it's such a fun and not sad thing to try to bring someone into a fantastic adventure or moment.

#2) Hold on/Hug/pull towards you.. one another more*
What I saw today reminded me of one of my all time favorite Shel Silverstein poems (see below)

*Did I mention, my secret place is a elementary school playgound? At right about noon every weekday, about 200 kids spill out of the schoolroom doors and just LET LOOSE!.
Today, I watched a girl hold court and tell the most exciting story imagineable! (at least from what I could see with all her jumping and shrieking and gesturing)

and,
I watched all shapes and sizes and colors of kids, grabbing each others sleeves, hugging, pulling each other this way and that, all with joy and laughter and love. I realized how much we 'adults' could learn from this....





No comments:

Post a Comment