Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Sadness Avoiding Tip #135-They Call It A "Daily" Paper...

for a reason!

I am writing this at my desk where just to the right of me is a pile about a foot high, of all the newspapers I haven't had the time to read. This includes not just this Sunday's New York Times, but last Sunday's times as well. Two New York Observers,(a nice shade of pink to contrast with the others) the weekend Wall Street Journal, and this doesn't even get into my magazine subscriptions. I am sure the bottom of that pile has a New Yorker that celebrates Summer in the city.

*looking at this pile just now, I feel a little sad.

So today's sadness avoiding tip is to try to read the daily paper on the day it comes out!

 I know that inevitably I will look at this pile for two more days, and then get fed up and throw it out, feeling even MORE sad that I am not staying up on my current affairs or expanding my mind via the opinion sections and essays.

My intentions are totally honorable- that I will actually sit down and read all of these papers. But I won't. However, I am grateful to them for today's s.a.t!

1 comment:

  1. I get backed up on magazines but not the paper. Don't you love the Saturday edition of the WSJ

    NB

    ReplyDelete