And Weeee're Back!
This "Two For One Monday" was easy... because it is all I could think about!
I was forced to miss some daily tips here, because I had absolutely zero internet for four days!
I tried, with all my might, to find a connection, to no avail (small, small island, no budget to turn on my blackberry)
So.. I have had four days to think about these tips!
#1) Sometimes, it is not such a bad idea, to take a break. I believe in perserverance, constancy,hard work.. all of it. But I also believe great things can come from taking a little break. You come back restored, refreshed, renewed. And the best part is, there is no set definition of what a 'break' is. Yes it could be an island getaway..but it could also be a movie matinee,a lunch with a friend (on a Tuesday) that lasts until dinner... anything that relaxes your mind, and your spirit.
#2) Sometimes.. Act Before Your Think!
Today, I had to fly on a small small, small,small! plane to San Juan Puerto Rico.
There were 8 seats and 9 passengers. The barely-reached-puberty looking captain jumped down from the cockpit and said.. "So, who wants to be my copilot!"
First, he asked the smallest woman (because the copilot seat is even smaller than the others). She vehemently shook her head NO. And, she looked scared. Which I can empathize with!
No one else offered. So I did.
If you read volume one of "How To Avoid Being Sad" you will learn that I have an immense, illogical, overwhelming fear of flying. I momentarily forgot this in my excitement over the 'co-pilot' thing and the fun of crawling into the cramped seat with the cool steering wheel thingy.
And then...
I remembered.
I thought I was going to faint through every second of the 1 1/2 hour long flight.
Every second.
But I didn't.
And when we landed. I felt awesome.. As in AWESOME.
And all because I chose to act before I thought!
*here I am!!
This "Two For One Monday" was easy... because it is all I could think about!
I was forced to miss some daily tips here, because I had absolutely zero internet for four days!
I tried, with all my might, to find a connection, to no avail (small, small island, no budget to turn on my blackberry)
So.. I have had four days to think about these tips!
#1) Sometimes, it is not such a bad idea, to take a break. I believe in perserverance, constancy,hard work.. all of it. But I also believe great things can come from taking a little break. You come back restored, refreshed, renewed. And the best part is, there is no set definition of what a 'break' is. Yes it could be an island getaway..but it could also be a movie matinee,a lunch with a friend (on a Tuesday) that lasts until dinner... anything that relaxes your mind, and your spirit.
#2) Sometimes.. Act Before Your Think!
Today, I had to fly on a small small, small,small! plane to San Juan Puerto Rico.
There were 8 seats and 9 passengers. The barely-reached-puberty looking captain jumped down from the cockpit and said.. "So, who wants to be my copilot!"
First, he asked the smallest woman (because the copilot seat is even smaller than the others). She vehemently shook her head NO. And, she looked scared. Which I can empathize with!
No one else offered. So I did.
If you read volume one of "How To Avoid Being Sad" you will learn that I have an immense, illogical, overwhelming fear of flying. I momentarily forgot this in my excitement over the 'co-pilot' thing and the fun of crawling into the cramped seat with the cool steering wheel thingy.
And then...
I remembered.
I thought I was going to faint through every second of the 1 1/2 hour long flight.
Every second.
But I didn't.
And when we landed. I felt awesome.. As in AWESOME.
And all because I chose to act before I thought!
*here I am!!

I'm SO SO SO happy to SEE you!!! And read you!! I've grown to really count on you and HTABS...these 2 tips being PRIME examples as to why! Welcome back. :)
ReplyDeleteFACING YOUR FEARS HELP THEM DISAPPEAR! Very much missed my daily tips, but happy for you that you got a break. HTABS is a daily vitamin of mine.
ReplyDeleteIsn't that SPECTACULAR!!!!! Love it!
ReplyDelete= - )
ha! I love it! I took flying lessons... it's quite fun and amazing.
ReplyDelete