When I first started this blog, oh so many 'sadness avoiding tips' ago, I may possibly have mentioned that I would always try to do different tips than the ones already in the "How To Avoid Being Sad" Books for purchase here (hint hint :) )
But sometimes, something happens where you have to make an exception.
This just happened to me.
All day long, I have been feeling a bit, yes- sad...about not selling any books, not getting this site out there more, etc..I was feeling a bit defeated.
No more than 5 minutes ago, I received an email from my dear friend Karla (who I have mentioned here before, because the woman is just so darned awesome and KIND).
Karla took the time out of her busy day to write to me and tell me about a friend of hers she had gifted the "How To Avoid Being Sad" books to. Karla told me they made an actual difference in her friends outlook, and how much her friend had appreciated the gift.
It was ALL I needed to feel reinvigorated and inspired. I decided right then and there that I had to do a Sadness Avoiding Tip about it, even though a version of this exists in volume two. That is o.k. because this s.a.t. is BIG and BEAUTIFUL and SO IMPORTANT.
Today's sadness avoiding tip, for Karla, (and borrowing from the ubiquitous signs around NYC*)
If You Feel Something, Say Something.
If someone does something that makes you feel good, or inspired, or hopeful, tell them. If someone gives you a compliment that you really needed to hear, tell them. If you truly admire someone, even if you don't "know" them, but just their being how they are, inspires you.. tell them...
Sometimes, we think someone knows how we feel.. maybe because we are married to them, or related to them.... but what if they don't? And even if they do, how wonderful to hear the words again...
I love you.
I admire you.
I think you are talented
I feel inspired by you
and on and on and on..
and,
Thank you Karla, for being my friend.
But sometimes, something happens where you have to make an exception.
This just happened to me.
All day long, I have been feeling a bit, yes- sad...about not selling any books, not getting this site out there more, etc..I was feeling a bit defeated.
No more than 5 minutes ago, I received an email from my dear friend Karla (who I have mentioned here before, because the woman is just so darned awesome and KIND).
Karla took the time out of her busy day to write to me and tell me about a friend of hers she had gifted the "How To Avoid Being Sad" books to. Karla told me they made an actual difference in her friends outlook, and how much her friend had appreciated the gift.
It was ALL I needed to feel reinvigorated and inspired. I decided right then and there that I had to do a Sadness Avoiding Tip about it, even though a version of this exists in volume two. That is o.k. because this s.a.t. is BIG and BEAUTIFUL and SO IMPORTANT.
Today's sadness avoiding tip, for Karla, (and borrowing from the ubiquitous signs around NYC*)
If You Feel Something, Say Something.
If someone does something that makes you feel good, or inspired, or hopeful, tell them. If someone gives you a compliment that you really needed to hear, tell them. If you truly admire someone, even if you don't "know" them, but just their being how they are, inspires you.. tell them...
Sometimes, we think someone knows how we feel.. maybe because we are married to them, or related to them.... but what if they don't? And even if they do, how wonderful to hear the words again...
I love you.
I admire you.
I think you are talented
I feel inspired by you
and on and on and on..
and,
Thank you Karla, for being my friend.
Thank YOU Rachel for making me feel better every single day. (And that's the truth.) Thank you for making me aware and hopeful, for making me try harder and be better. Thank you for caring so much about your positive place in this world. YOU MAKE A DIFFERENCE. And just in case Patricia reads this, you are nothing short of awe-inspiring! Meet Rachel ~ she's in your same league. :))
ReplyDeleteAhh!! Wonderful! My tip on How to avoid being sad ~ Have Great female friends. As many as you possibly can, from many different back grounds, ages etc... - Each one is special in their own way, and different ~ Yet..We are all the same! We are women! We are all HEART!!! Sure, we need the men in our lives, but...they are sometimes way too busy, watching the game...to tell us how GREAT we really are!! Here's to great women! You know the type..The one's who do not feel threatened if your having a better hair day than they are..They just look at you, smile, and say..WOW! Your hair looks FABULOUS TODAY!!
ReplyDeleteKarla is indeed a GREAT FRIEND!
Melissa
YOU ARE THE BEST AT THIS RACHEL!!! YOU ARE PURE LOVE!! SLEEP WELL and SOAK UP THAT SUN TOMORROW!!! xoxo jen
ReplyDeleteps i love your new site color!
ReplyDeleteI feel inspired every time I see your wonderful face smiling and giving out ideas on how to avoid those things that want only to make us sad!! Incredible person, you are. :)
ReplyDelete