Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Sadness Avoiding Tip #139-Repeat

...as necessary.

Now I am 99.9% sure I have done just about exactly this s.a.t. before...maybe even this week-
but oh well!
*that is the joy of having your own blog you make your own rules.. I highly recommend it.

So tonight, I bought myself a ticket to an event put on by WNYC (our public radio station out here) to hear Leonard Lopate (he of the Leonard Lopate show) interview David Isay, the founder of
STORYCORPS.

Whoa...

what a night!
terrible wine in plastic cups (I took two and poured them together, who drinks three sips of wine?) and 'chips and dip' as appetizers, aside

The night was gorgeous. And heart wrenching.
If you don't know about Storycorps, please check it out.
Over 40,000 stories, now archived at the Library of Congress. Stories from people of all walks of life, covering all sorts of topics...
and one thing, in particular, specifically, over and over, stood out.

and it is todays Sadness Avoiding Tip.

Tell Someone They Matter To You.

Yes... veeeeeeeery similar to 'if you feel something say something'..

again, Oh well!

Do it! So many of the stories I heard tonight involved people talking to their partners, or children, at the very end of their lives, sometimes to the day.

And all I could think was.. Thank God .. they got this out. They said I LOVE YOU. Before it was too late.

That's it.

This s.a.t. is dedicated to Dave Isay (awesome) and my bff (and only 'follower' on this blog.. join her!)
THANK YOU, SO VERY MUCH.

3 comments:

  1. I follow your blog daily! Love, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too follow your blog, and what you said is so true. Appreciate people while they are on this earth. One never knows when that may happen.


    XO
    NB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto! I'm a loyal blog-follower too! And I'd like to start here by saying YOU matter to me. :)

    ReplyDelete