Thursday, February 16, 2012

Sadness Avoiding Tip #140- It Is Fashionable

To make your own definition of what is "in fashion", and cool, and "all the rage"...
If it makes you feel good, it is the best 'style' you could ask for.

It is fashion week here in NYC, and my predominant feeling about it is that it is all a bit,
annoying. There have been a few events right on my block in Chelsea, and I have had to fight the desire to stand outside with blankets and sandwiches for some of the models walking by in barely anything, with not an ounce of body fat for warmth.
And most of the time I find the designers and their shows and parties usually just far "Too cool for school" for me...
And then I read an article about the Marc Jacobs show and I nearly spilt my coffee.
In Marc's show this year he played three versions of one song.
It was "Who will buy" from the Oliver Twist musical.
This song, (and the sentiment behind it) is one of my all time, ALL TIME favorite pieces of music and scenes in a film (the original 1933 O.T)
I tried to find the clip on line and couldn't, but I did find the Marc Jacobs show, and I watched it three times for the music. The fact that Marc chose such an 'uncool' song, (which he must clearly love at least half as much as I do) makes him, suddenly, my favorite fashion designer. Now THAT is cool!

Here are the lyrics to the song, and the youtube clip of the fashion show. Enjoy!



Who will buy this wonderful morning
Such a sky you never did see
Who will tie it up with a ribbon
And put it in a box for me

   So I could see it at my leisure
   Whenever things go wrong
   And keep it as a treasure
   To last my whole life long

Who will buy this wonderful feeling
I'm so high I swear I could fly
Me oh my, I don't want to lose it
So what am I to do to keep this sky so blue
There must be someone who will buy

Who will buy this wonderful morning...

   There'll never be a day so sunny
   It could not happen twice
   Where is the man with all the money
   It's cheap at half the price

Who will buy this wonderful feeling
I'm so high I swear I could fly
Me oh my, I don't want to lose it
So what am I to do to keep the sky so blue
There must be someone who will buy

2 comments:

  1. This SAT absolutely tickled me! By "industry standards", I'm the least fashionable person I know....AND YET my guilty pleasure is watching Project Runway. AND I have an entire collection of handbags by - you guessed it - Marc Jacobs! (I kind of need therapy for the handbag thing.) And now this...the song, the lyrics, the sandwich for the models. I AM feelin' good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the song, but not in this context. :( those fashions are "out of this world."

    NB

    ReplyDelete