I keep a little file of possible 'sadness avoiding tips' on my computer desktop, just in case I get 'stuck'. Usually however, something happens during the day that inspires that days s.a.t.
Today, I looked at the file and smiled reading the one about "holding the door open for someone"
This happens to me all the time in New York City. Someone holds the door for me, and it never ceases to make me smile and feel instantly 'good' about the world and the people in it.
I thought about using it today, when I got this email this afternoon, verbatim, from my dear friend:
"hold a door for someone even if you have to wait a second, they are surprised, and the kindness doesn't go unnoticed---that person you held the door for will do it for someone else today."
*It feels like a two for one Tuesday now too, because I was made so not sad by the beauty of coincidence, the power of friendship, and how the smallest actions can make the biggest impact.
Awesome.
Today, I looked at the file and smiled reading the one about "holding the door open for someone"
This happens to me all the time in New York City. Someone holds the door for me, and it never ceases to make me smile and feel instantly 'good' about the world and the people in it.
I thought about using it today, when I got this email this afternoon, verbatim, from my dear friend:
"hold a door for someone even if you have to wait a second, they are surprised, and the kindness doesn't go unnoticed---that person you held the door for will do it for someone else today."
*It feels like a two for one Tuesday now too, because I was made so not sad by the beauty of coincidence, the power of friendship, and how the smallest actions can make the biggest impact.
Awesome.
This just made my heart swell. Human kindness seldom goes
ReplyDeleteunnoticed.
XO
NB
Ordinary Miracles
ReplyDelete