Thursday, February 23, 2012

Sadness Avoiding Tip #147- An Experiment..

And a quirky sort of 'sadness avoiding tip' for today that I thought of while walking home in this unbelievably beautiful weather NYC is having.

*Say to yourself (or outloud, even better!) "Today Is My Lucky Day!"

And then wait and see if it is...

The reason I like this experiment (and sadness avoiding tip) is that the worst thing that can happen is this won't bear out to be true. Oh well, you are right back where you were before you said it.

BUT

It also could turn out to be true, and by saying it, and believing it, and putting it out there.. well that gives it more of a chance.  And maybe you will experience the world a little differently with this wildly positive and optimistic thought flowing through your brain.

"Today Is My Lucky Day."

*my lunch was extra delicious
*my favorite sweatshirt is just washed and free
*speaking of clean, my socks are.
*I got a chance to appreciate just how wonderful my best friend is...
*I woke up..

and on and on and on..

2 comments:

  1. The smallest things can make us feel good. As you mentioned, waking up is a gift. Having a coat, shoes socks to put on, again, a gift. Friends are a gift in life, and a BFF is to be blessed a million times over.

    NB

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I'm so doing this! Outloud!

    ReplyDelete