Friday, February 24, 2012

Sadness Avoiding Tip #148- Finally Caught..

my annual winter cold! But I am fighting it hard, and a part of that requires some serious 'couch time'. Having recently discovered that Downton Abbey is on Netflix, I finally started watching it.
The show isn't bad at all, but one line (in the four episodes I watched today :)) really stood out.

I decided in between sniffles that I wanted to make it (thinking and celebrating this thought) the sadness avoiding tip of the day!

The scene is between the two eldest servants, a man and a woman.
The woman is reflecting on choices she made because she had become a different person as a result of her job. She had changed.
The man says to her:

"I don't really see the purpose of living, if we don't allow life to change us."

I loved this line. And celebrating it is the s.a.t. of the day.

2 comments:

  1. I think it is in some silly rule book that we must have both a summer and a winter cold. Feel Better!

    XO
    NB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no...I feel responsible for this. My germs went straight thru my emails to you. :(( Germ-free get well wishes headed your way!
    And I soooo agree with this sat. Was just pondering my past and realized it felt as I were remembering someone else, not me....I have changed THAT much! The beauty of life.

    ReplyDelete