I was walking down 22nd street just a few minutes ago, thinking hard about what today's sadness avoiding tip could be. What they could both be,
I couldn't think of one, let alone two!
It's not that I'm having a bad or sad day, I'm just so tired! Could have been the Oscars or the Oscar party...anyway, I could go into my file of ideas, but for whatever reason that almost makes me sad. I should be able to think of at least one new thing everyday....
And then I crossed 10th Avenue and saw the same crossing guard I have seen every day since I moved here over a year ago.
And as I have done every day since I moved here a year ago. I said "Hello" and smiled.
She has never once said hello.
Even though I don't understand it (she chats a blue streak with lots of other people) I did get two sadness avoiding tips.. bam! bam! just like that.. back to back!
#1) If you are nice to someone and they aren't nice back, dont' let this convince you to stop being nice. Their bad attitude is their problem. Literally.
#2) *Don't let the 'crankypants' of the world bring you down.
*ok, I really only got one s.a.t. today, but I was looking for an excuse to say 'crankypants' because it just makes me smile.
I couldn't think of one, let alone two!
It's not that I'm having a bad or sad day, I'm just so tired! Could have been the Oscars or the Oscar party...anyway, I could go into my file of ideas, but for whatever reason that almost makes me sad. I should be able to think of at least one new thing everyday....
And then I crossed 10th Avenue and saw the same crossing guard I have seen every day since I moved here over a year ago.
And as I have done every day since I moved here a year ago. I said "Hello" and smiled.
She has never once said hello.
Even though I don't understand it (she chats a blue streak with lots of other people) I did get two sadness avoiding tips.. bam! bam! just like that.. back to back!
#1) If you are nice to someone and they aren't nice back, dont' let this convince you to stop being nice. Their bad attitude is their problem. Literally.
#2) *Don't let the 'crankypants' of the world bring you down.
*ok, I really only got one s.a.t. today, but I was looking for an excuse to say 'crankypants' because it just makes me smile.
Thank you, THANK YOU. I actually let a crankypants reduce me to tears today (but don't tell anyone because that's just silly on my part!!) Thanks for helping me to put it all back into perspective. And you're right about 'crankypants'...smile inducing!
ReplyDeleteI call my significant other "crankypants" when she's, well, a crankypants! Great word!
ReplyDelete