Saturday, March 24, 2012

Sadness Avoiding Tip #177- Double Your Pleasure.

I've just returned from one of the most delicious meals I have had in a long time..
and yet, I think I ate virtually nothing.

Instead, tonight was the night I had designated to "wine and dine"my mother in the big city.

On a limited budget, I ate very lightly and encouraged her to have anything and everything her heart desired (we even got the kitchen to bring a 'side' of her newfound love- lotus root!)

And that is when I realized, watching her so happy and sated, that actually, I was deriving as much, if not more pleasure, from being able to bring her so much joy.

It was like.. double pleasure.

So that is today'sadness avoiding tip- I am not sure how to say it, but I implore you to try it. Spoil someone, lavish them with something they love. I guarantee, their joy will be yours.


2 comments:

  1. ...and the joy is contagious because I feel it in reading this. I think you are SO special. And everything about this makes me SO happy (aka not sad!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing loved one's happy due to something we have done. Well in my book that is the epitome of double joy. (not to be confused with double jointed)

    NB

    ReplyDelete