"Do It Anyway".
As suggested in Volume 2 of HTABS, a wonderful way to avoid being sad expands on the classic 'just do it' concept. The "Do It Anyway" idea is a bit more realistic than the originial because let's face it.. there are things to be considered!
Starting anything new can be really scary, and inevitably you think of things like "What if I am not good enough" "I don't have any money" or "I've never done anything like this before"
Today's s.a.t. takes all these things into account and encourages you to: Do It, Anyway.
*This s.a.t is a wee bit late (ok, 8 hours late) because last night I was very busy witnessing this s.a.t. in action. A friend of my beautiful friend Adam (Named Jeff Whitty-what a gift to art) put on a play. It was a play he had not been able to find a theatre/production company for. Jeff had all but given up. And then he met Ed. And Ed must have said something along the lines of the s.a.t, because for the month of March, Jeff and Ed "Did it, anyway"
Without production funds, they staged the play in Ed's apartment! They set up banquettes and couches all around the 'stage'. At intermission the actors changed and served everyone there a beautiful dinner of vegetable stew and beer bread. There was plenty of beer and wine. And it was all free.
I couldn't get such good pictures, oh how I wish I could. Jeff as Hedda Gabler, Billy Porter as Mammy... simply incredible. Thank god they did it anyway!
Ed, Billy, and Jeff. Listen to Jeff and Billy
As suggested in Volume 2 of HTABS, a wonderful way to avoid being sad expands on the classic 'just do it' concept. The "Do It Anyway" idea is a bit more realistic than the originial because let's face it.. there are things to be considered!
Starting anything new can be really scary, and inevitably you think of things like "What if I am not good enough" "I don't have any money" or "I've never done anything like this before"
Today's s.a.t. takes all these things into account and encourages you to: Do It, Anyway.
*This s.a.t is a wee bit late (ok, 8 hours late) because last night I was very busy witnessing this s.a.t. in action. A friend of my beautiful friend Adam (Named Jeff Whitty-what a gift to art) put on a play. It was a play he had not been able to find a theatre/production company for. Jeff had all but given up. And then he met Ed. And Ed must have said something along the lines of the s.a.t, because for the month of March, Jeff and Ed "Did it, anyway"Without production funds, they staged the play in Ed's apartment! They set up banquettes and couches all around the 'stage'. At intermission the actors changed and served everyone there a beautiful dinner of vegetable stew and beer bread. There was plenty of beer and wine. And it was all free.
I couldn't get such good pictures, oh how I wish I could. Jeff as Hedda Gabler, Billy Porter as Mammy... simply incredible. Thank god they did it anyway!
Ed, Billy, and Jeff. Listen to Jeff and Billy

What those men do is divine. They did not listen to the NO word.
ReplyDeleteKudos to them
NB