Friday, April 6, 2012

Sadness Avoiding Tip #188- Sometimes More...

Is more.

As evidenced time and again in these posts and in the HTABS books, I am a big proponent of letting things out-things like feelings, affections, one's 'wild side' :)

In general, I believe it is better to express something than to hold it in.

Today's sadness avoiding tip follows suit. There will inevitably be times in our lifes when  a situation presents itself and we don't know how to respond,or what to say.

Sometimes, the easiest thing to say is ... nothing.

But this morning I am feeling that it is better (less sad) to say something.

If someone has received some sad news, instead of being afraid you will say the wrong thing, say what is in your head and heart. Chances are, they need to hear it, and know they are not alone.

Conversely,

If someone has some joyful news... feel free to dance, sing, shout out YIPPEE!! in their honor. It will only increase their joy.

*I am reminded on a daily basis, the power the people in my life have to help me. A few words from a friend is all I need to find my faith in myself and my journey again.




No comments:

Post a Comment