Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Sadness Avoiding Tip #199- Two For One Monday

There is a theme to this one.
You.

Or in my case, me!

What I mean is that of all the significant, beautiful, life-making, relationships we have in this lifetime-the most profound and important one is the one we have with ourselves.

I have been thinking about this a lot because I have been thinking about making a big change in my life.

And I need to remember these two s.a.t's now more than ever

#1) No one can possibly know 'you' better than 'you'. You can gather all of the opinions and advice in the world, but in the end, no one can tell you what will make you the happiest. Honor this.

#2) (*Meant to follow implementing #1 )
When you do do something that is right for 'you'- the only person you have to justify, defend, explain, and have it make sense to is...

yup, you guessed it

YOU.

*Or in my case, me!

3 comments:

  1. I particularly love this (or should I say these) because we've "talked" about the fact the you are the one and only person you will spend your entire life with! As a hopeless people pleaser, I could always use some reminding that I need to nurture my relationship with myself AND my actions need to count first and foremost with me. Thank you for the eloquent reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This SAT is something my Father taught us as kids and today it is etched in my brain.

    Thanks for writing the HTABS each day.

    NB

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could not agree with YOU more! You(me) are the only person you can change and the only person who you can be 100% responsible for. Hard to remember that every day, but YOU bring about such happiness with your HTABS, they help remind us of the important and silly (like JUMPING) things. Lori

    ReplyDelete