Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Sadness Avoiding Tip #206- Two For One Monday

These two go together like peanut butter and jelly.
I thought of them because I noticed the inclination towards the first in others... and myself

and I had to sit down and consciously remember the second...as my way out.

#1) Remember "It is not all about you"
"It" being...life! Every single experience. It just isn't. If, like most people, you spend time around other people, inevitably things are going to happen. Your first impulse may be to think that it is all, and always about you. But it isn't. Step back and get perspective and try (hard) to

#2) Not take everything personally.
There is a reason Ruiz's 4 agreements book has been on the best sellers list for 150 years. And I think this agreement is a big reason.
*Although I think it is a little overstated...At htabs I have always maintained the strong belief that as humans we are ...human, sentient, fallible. I don't think absolutely 'immunity' is possible, and that is o.k.! Just aiming for skin closer to a melon than a grape.


*Agreement #2 Don’t Take Anything Personally-Don Miguel Ruiz Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won’t be the victim of needless suffering.

No comments:

Post a Comment