Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Sadness Avoiding Tip #207-Flip It

On its head. In your head.

Meaning, when there is something you have to do, that you don't necessarily 'want' to do. Flip it, in your head. All the energy you invest on reminding yourself, constantly how 'I am not looking forward to this' could be better spent "flipping" (aka: finding the positive)

Example.
I just got off a plane last night. Got home after 8. This was after four other back to back plane trips.
In 20 minutes, I am going to go get on a train, where I will be for the next four hours (before I get on a bus for 2)

But this morning, instead of indulging in even more whining about 'hating so much travel'
I got up early, packed the 5 New Yorker magazines I haven't even opened yet (March 6th etc...)
packed grapes and pretzels, and put on my favorite sweatshirt.

I decided I was going to enjoy this ride. I was going to love that I had this time. I am even going to walk to Penn station. Just so I can appreciate the day even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment