are not entirely my thing. I realized this again last night as I was trying to dress for three back to back events, with the middle one in particular being on the 'tony' side.
"Uggghh" I thought , and probably said, realizing how woefully lacking my closet was.
This is usually the point in the getting ready that I can start to get sad (and then get late!) But last night, a new thought filled my head, and it was so helpful I realized I had my s.a.t....
Wear the designer label- ENTHUSIASM.
The event I was most worried about was one that was honoring my friend Alex.
When I stopped to think about it, wasn't it much more important that I put on my enthusiasm for Alex?
Wouldn't that be much more memorable and lovely?
In volume 2 of HTABS I talk about wearing a smile as your best accessory. It's true.
I went in an outfit I wasn't at all happy with, but one I was able to forget, and gave Alex a big hug and congratulations. And it was heartfelt and true and the absolutely perfect fit.
"Uggghh" I thought , and probably said, realizing how woefully lacking my closet was.
This is usually the point in the getting ready that I can start to get sad (and then get late!) But last night, a new thought filled my head, and it was so helpful I realized I had my s.a.t....
Wear the designer label- ENTHUSIASM.
The event I was most worried about was one that was honoring my friend Alex.
When I stopped to think about it, wasn't it much more important that I put on my enthusiasm for Alex?
Wouldn't that be much more memorable and lovely?
In volume 2 of HTABS I talk about wearing a smile as your best accessory. It's true.
I went in an outfit I wasn't at all happy with, but one I was able to forget, and gave Alex a big hug and congratulations. And it was heartfelt and true and the absolutely perfect fit.
It is all about you-not the tag.
ReplyDeleteXX
NB