Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Sadness Avoiding Tip #201- For My Grandma..

Live like you are 90.

This s.a.t comes from outside of Dallas Tx. where we are celebrating my Grandma Lucille's 90th birthday. She is one of 6 sisters, and 5 are here to celebrate with her today.
We arrived yesterday to a feast of chicken and salmon, wine and cake. Today (the actual birthday) has more of the same. And all day long, I have been watching my grandma. She is surrounded by presents, being showered with treats and sweets, and the only, the ONLY thing she cares about... is that we are here.
I cannot imagine a better s.a.t. to honor her than to remember what matters most. There is NO present, no tribute, nothing that can be bought or brokered or created...that can rival what it is to simply spend time with the people you love.
I will never forget this. I am learning from a pro.


*this is the moment of the surprise arrival (she didn't know her sisters were coming!)
*and on her big day.. today!




2 comments:

  1. Grandma has the recipe for a great life. People you love are much better then any material thing in the world. Happy Birthday "Grandma"

    NB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply delicious! Happy Birthday, Grandma!

    ReplyDelete